Monday, April 26, 2010

Crochet womans ballet slipper pattern (inspired by French Press Knits)


I have a confession... I have been coveting the lovely felted slippers that Melynda at French Press Knits designed.  I unfortunately am not a knitter, am scared of felting, and have not been able to find a crochet pattern similar to hers.  

So, determined, I sat down with my notebook, a pen, a snagged crochet hook and spare yarn from Julia's stash and set to writing down my steps as I went.  Crouched on the couch next to my twinnie, the prototype came to be, but it unfortunately was a bit on the large side, and the toe was too short.  BOO HOO!

I went back to my house, rested my eyes for 20 mintutes, and sat down again to try again. 
Row by row, trial and error, it finally started to all come together.  


I am SOOOOOO pleased, and giddy about my newest pattern. 

For all of you non knitting, crocheting ladies please click on my link if you would like to make these Uber cute ballet slippers~look for them on the shop site!



1 comment:

  1. Birdie, thank you so much for my wonderful, beautiful new slippers.
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. You are SO SMART to have designed this pattern! PERFECTION! They fit like they were made just for me....HA~ HA! Oh,they were!;):)
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete