Friday, January 16, 2009

DOING THIS AGAIN! FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!


I have been saying the same thing for almost 5 years now..."I WILL BE DOWN TO MY PRE--PREGNANCY WEIGHT (130-135LBS) BY SAM'S NEXT BIRTHDAY". I did this for his 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, then finally his 4th birthday...and I have failed each and every time. I refuse to fail this time. I am going to be the mother of a 5 year old and I am going to be in shape. I am going to feel good about my body again, and I am going to do something for me. I have made excuse after excuse over the past 4 1/2 years, and I am done with the excuses. I will put the fork down, I will say when, I will count and write down my calories, and I will get there. I know how to do it, but I have to just suck it up and do it. I need to do this for me! I will post my progress as I go, but my goal is to be down to 130-135 by the time Sam is out of Pre-K, so I can feel good in a swimsuit for the summer, and enjoy my last schoolfree summer with my most favorite boy! I began the calorie counting on 1/14/09 at 149 lbs, and today 1/16/09 I weighed 146.6lbs! So far it is working. I just have to stick with it. I am counting calories and trying to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories a day, and I am going to have a mild day off once a week. I have done this before, but have always fallen off of the proverbial band wagon. NO MORE! As my mother says... GET A GRIP LAURA!
My goal...to fit in my wedding dress again with out the back fat spilling over, and it pinching in my waist!


2 comments:

  1. Well, you and Val have shamed me into submission. I will join you on this and we will be the FINEST looking twin moms in LP. I love you and I love your blog.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,right now...you are beautiful and look wonderful. I know how you feel about wanting to look better though. It's a very long, hard row to hoe. We'll all be right there with you working in the "Garden".
    Please ....STOP beating yourself up.

    ReplyDelete